Hair Style Guides
My Best Flat Twist Out Ever!
Flat Twisting has been an art that I have been trying to master for awhile now and I am excited to say that I’ve done it! My mom has been such a great support and encourager. I must thank her for being my model and allowing me to create such a beautiful Flat Twist Out using the ElastaQP Olive Oil and Mango Butter product line. I won these products in a giveaway and this was our first time using them. We give this product line not one, not two, but four thumbs up. Stay tuned for a product review. Enjoy and Blessings to you!
What You’ll Need:
1. Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisture Butter Shampoo
2. ElastaQP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-In H2 Conditioner
3. ElastaQP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Growth Oil
4. ElastaQP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Curl Defining Pudding
5. Hair Clips
6. Shower Comb (Detangling)
7. Wide Tooth Comb (Parting)
8. Denman Brush (Detangling) **NOT PICTURED**
1. Start with clean, damp, detangled hair that has been parted width wise from ear to ear. Use a hair clip to secure both sections.
2. Starting with the back half first, begin parting the hair for the first flat twist and use the shower comb to remove any tangles.
3. Use the LOC method by spritzing the section with the ElastaQP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-In H2 Conditioner. Smooth the ElastaQP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Growth Oil over the section followed by the ElastaQP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Curl Defining Pudding. Use the Denman Brush to remove any tangles and to get the product through each strand.
4. Flat Twist the section of hair downward towards the nape of the neck and secure with a bobby pin to keep the twist from unraveling.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 on each flat twist.
6. Wait until hair is completely dry before removing flat twists. Otherwise, hair will be frizzy, undefined, and will shrink in volume. Smooth the growth oil over the twists prior to unraveling to add shine and to reduce frizz.
Maintenance: Two strand or re-flat twist the hair and tie a satin/silk scarf around hair or wear a satin bonnet at night.
What products do you use to achieve great definition?